Gothic Revival church
St Paul's Anglican Church is an excellent example of a wooden Gothic Revival church. The current church was built in 1894 on site of the original 1730 church by the shores of Trinity harbour, Newfoundland. The first Anglican rector, the Rev. Robert Killpatrick, was sent to Trinity as a missionary by the Society for the Propagation of the Gospel in 1729. It is one of many Registered Heritage Buildings in the old historic town of Trinty. The church is located next to a graveyard filled with cheerful yellow dandelions blooming among the old gravestones. Some old salt box houses can be seen in the lower right.
St Pauls Anglican Church1894Registered Heritage BuildinggravestonesdandelionsGothic RevivalTrinityNewfoundland
From Western Brook Pond to Cape Bonavista